Monday, January 16, 2012

The Move: Cáceres

Our final stop was at Cáceres, where we arrived just in time to eat dinner and head to bed. Though at first it seemed a bustling sort of city, we soon realized the hotel my mother had booked was, in fact, adjacent to the historic quarter.












We ate at a little restaurant and had the most delicious burgers, though everything else was either meh or downright insipid.














Our hotel was, as you can see, adorable.












The next day, after a failed search for a churreria at which to have breakfast, we resumed the drive to Madrid and made it later that evening. I didn't take any pictures that night because I was all eyes and couldn't be bothered to tinker with the settings of my camera to get the pictures right. I just wanted to see. The arrival was perfect because we made it early enough to still catch some Christmas lights up here and there, and the Metropolis in the Gran Via was all lit up, and it was just wonderful. Here are some pictures from the past few days that will illustrate Madrid better than my words ever could. I love it here so far, and I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to be in this city (I'm in Madrid!) and experience it as I have been.














4 comments:

  1. WHAT an adventure! Your photos are beautiful! I'm going to Spain in June and the pics got me even more excited!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad! Right before I moved here all I did was look up pictures of Spain and you get this little feeling in your stomach because you know you're going to be there, so I completely understand your excitement. I hope you have a wonderful time when you visit<3

      Delete